School Uniform Policy
The Governing Body feel strongly that a uniform helps children to develop a sense of belonging to the school and promotes equality of opportunity.
We want children to feel proud to be at Thorpe Primary School.
The uniform consists of:
• Jade polo shirts with navy sweatshirt/cardigan or navy polo shirt with jade sweatshirt/cardigan
• Navy / black trousers
• Navy skirt or pinafore dress
• Black shoes /plain black trainers
• Black/navy/grey/white socks or tights
• Optional—navy fleece jacket/summer caps with school logo
• Blue gingham check dress/black/navy tailored shorts
• White t-shirt with Thorpe logo or a plain white t-shirt
• Navy blue shorts/tracksuit bottoms
• Black pumps
• Draw string pump bag
Please make sure that all items of clothing are named.
Our uniform supplier is Henry Smith & Andrew Firth in Shipley please click on this link to access their website
For safety reasons the only jewellery allowed in school is stud earrings.
Requests for exceptions may be made for religious reasons.
All piercings should be taped over or removed prior to any physical activity and removed before swimming lessons by the pupil.
Parents are also reminded to remove nail varnish from their children’s finger nails before arriving at school.
Longhair: Children with long hair must tie their hair back for practical activities such as PE and baking.
Extreme hairstyles, shaving patterns and colouring are not part of our uniform policy.