Welcome to Reception
Our class teacher is Miss Ramsden and our Teaching Assistant is
Below you can find our curriculum newsletter, which details the topics we will be learning about this term.
The Early Years Curriculum
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
The last year of the Foundation Stage is spent in the Reception class.
There are seven areas of learning and development that must shape teaching and learning in Reception. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. The seven areas are:
• communication and language
• physical development
• personal, social and emotional development
• understanding the world
• expressive arts and design.
In planning and guiding children’s activities, the different ways that children learn are reflected on within the teaching.
These are called the characteristics of effective learning and are:
• Playing and exploring–children investigate and experience things, and “have a go”.
• Active learning–children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements.
• Creating and thinking critically–children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.