Our Harvest service took place at Holy Trinity Church yesterday. It was lovely to have so many families join us. We were very proud of all the children for their wonderful singing. I am sure that the ‘Baby Crow’ song stayed in many heads for the rest of the day! If you were unable to make the service, please see some photos of the service on our twitter page.
Thank-you to you all for your kind donations of Harvest gifts. These have been delivered by children and staff to elderly members of Idle village this morning.
This half-term has gone very quickly and the school has as ever been very busy. All the children have settled well into their new year groups and we are especially proud of how well our new Reception children have settled at Thorpe.
Thank-you for attending the parent consultation meetings and we hope you found these useful. If you have still not had a meeting, please speak to your child’s class teacher.
Another busy half-term after the holidays will see a WW1 History day, Children in Need day, the Friends of Thorpe Disco and Christmas Fair, and our Christmas celebrations!
On behalf of all the staff, we wish you a good holiday and look forward to seeing you all on Monday 29th October.
Bradford City FC Community Foundation Half Term coaching, fun and games
Holiday coaching camps open to boys and girls, ages 5-13 and of all abilities. From £15 per day, now running for longer hours!
- The camps comprise of fun, games, football and multi-sports coaching and matches in age appropriate groups, starting off with warm ups and then coaching based on each group’s level of ability.
- The courses each culminate in a “World Cup” competition and penalty shoot out contest.
- The football soccer camps usually run from 9am to 3.30pm on each day of the course and each child should come already changed in weather appropriate sports clothing.
- All our staff are DBS checked and qualified to a minimum of FA Level 2 or 3. They are also qualified in FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding Children.
- All our staff have completed school curriculum-based qualifications.
- Staff have achieved the AFPE FA Level 3 supporting the delivery of PE and school sport qualification.
You can apply using the application form sent home this week or alternatively you can apply online at
School Photos will be on Wednesday 31st October. Children who do not come to Thorpe can be brought in at 8.30am to have their pictures taken with their siblings.
Y5 won the attendance for last week. Well done!
GOOD TO BE GREEN AWARD
This week’s winners of our behaviour award are Y1. Well Done!
Monday 3.15pm-4.15pm – Homework Club Y3/4
Tuesday 3.15pm-4.15pm – Homework Club Y5/Y6/Playground Games Club Y1/Y2
Wednesday 3.15pm – 4.15pm – Golf Club Y3/Y4
Birthday children for the next week.
Mathew Moore Alex Gow Leah Nelson
Happy Birthday to them all.