Friends of Thorpe
Thank-you to Friends of Thorpe for helping to purchase new reading books, library books and playground equipment. Thank-you to all the members for their continued hard work and support.
Fundraising events for this term are the school disco and on Wednesday 7th November and the Christmas Fair on Saturday 1st December.
Bradford City FC Community Foundation Half Term coaching, fun and games
Holiday coaching camps open to boys and girls, ages 5-13 and of all abilities. From £15 per day, now running for longer hours!
- The camps comprise of fun, games, football and multi-sports coaching and matches in age appropriate groups, starting off with warm ups and then coaching based on each group’s level of ability.
- The courses each culminate in a “World Cup” competition and penalty shoot out contest.
- The football soccer camps usually run from 9am to 3.30pm on each day of the course and each child should come already changed in weather appropriate sports clothing.
- All our staff are DBS checked and qualified to a minimum of FA Level 2 or 3. They are also qualified in FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding Children.
- All our staff have completed school curriculum-based qualifications.
- Staff have achieved the AFPE FA Level 3 supporting the delivery of PE and school sport qualification.
You can apply using the application form sent home this week or alternatively you can apply online at
School Photos will be on Wednesday 31st October. Children who do not come to Thorpe can be brought in at 8.30am to have their pictures taken with their siblings.
This year, our service will be held at Holy Trinity Church, Idle, and will commence at 9.30am. Families are welcome to join us.
We will be collecting non-perishable items which will be distributed to elderly residents in Idle. Please bring any donations to school on Wednesday 17th or Thursday 18th October.
Honours Award Top Table
YR Maria Balaz/Aubrilley Nkolimbo YR Harry Harthen
Y1 Nicole Karwacka/Alexia Dunn Y1 Harley Sinclair
Y2 Archie Key/Kadee Mitchell Y2 Jessie Hartley
Y3 Amelia Briscoe/Amelia Braithwaite Y3 Jessica Honeyman
Y4 Elliott Firth/Jamie Husarz Y4 Lexie-Mae Hynes
Y5 Kiana Balaz/Josephine Turley Y5 Emily Roundhill
Y6 Elliot McCulloch/Spencer Moore Y6 Lucy Fletcher
The lunchtime supervisors have chosen two children for an award in the assembly.
KS1: Georgia Beevers for always having fantastic behaviour and helping the other children with their lunch.
KS2: Lucas Dibb for having a fantastic attitude and helping the younger children with their dinners.
YR won the attendance for last week. Well done!
Whole School attendance 96.4%
GOOD TO BE GREEN AWARD
This week’s winners of our behaviour award are YR. Well Done!
Monday 3.15pm-4.15pm – Gymnastics Club/Homework Club Y3/4
Tuesday 3.15pm-4.15pm – Rock Painting Club/Frisbee Club
Wednesday 3.15pm – 4.15pm – Basketball Club
Birthday children for the next week.
Bobby-Joe Tordoff Rhys Grimshaw Archie Mathers
Happy Birthday to them all.